Sunday, October 5, 2014

artist / cook

“When searching for ingredients to make the soup of the day, I remembered the season’s first winter squash arrived not even an hour earlier. This squash was local and organic and was delivered by the regional grower’s cooperative.  I spent most of the morning prepping and roasting the squash and then made it into a rich and creamy soup, according to my own recipe.  I do not know many cooks in town that have this opportunity to work with such quality ingredients that support the local people, land, and economy, or have the ability to cook with so much freedom and according to the seasons.  Although I desire a living wage, health insurance, and other benefits, I am grateful for a job that aligns with my ideals of sustainable, local food, and allows me to utilize and hone my culinary skills.”  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to join this important discussion.. we are interested in your thoughts. We will moderate this blog to make sure it is as welcoming as possible. And to avoid spam. Please be respectful in your comments. We will not post anything that is hateful toward a group of people due to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic background, disability, spiritual beliefs, or age. Thanks again !